Monday, November 4, 2013

Update on this week

Our internet is still down so I am not able to update the blog like I should because I'm having to do it on my phone. I am not going to be here on Friday so we will move our tests up 1 day. I have decided to change our reading test and language test. I will see how this goes! I am going to make our reading test up based on the story for the week. It will still include the skills we are working on for the week. It will not be just like the tests before, it will be more involved with the story. I just do not like the tests that come with our reading series. I believe they should be tested based on the story we are working on for the week. Language comes with our reading series so I am going to start doing the language for the week that has been provided for me with the reading. This week we are working on kinds of nouns (common and proper) and captial letters. This means on Thursday for their language test they will be tested on kinds of nouns and capital letters. We will work on those 2 things all week. I will update more about the reading test as the week goes on. 

Test Schedule: 
Wednesday- Trail Spelling and Math
Thursday- Dictation, Spelling (if needed), Language, and Reading
Friday- Science (I am going to let my sub give this test because of the study guide.)

For homework please read their story "Turtle, Turtle, Watch Out!" with them every night and study the language notes we take each day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment